DMVA Executive Committee
Fosters local leadership and consensus based cooperation of residents, businesses and commercial property owners and city government.
- Membership/Contribution Development - build consensus and cooperation among the Del Mar business district stakeholders and residents
- Provide organizational, administration and financial oversight of the DMVA programs including fund raising
- Facilitate communications with the Del Mar business district stakeholders and the residential community and visitors regarding upcoming projects, events, and DMVA accomplishments via the website, media, email, the newsletter, and advertising.
Del Mar History Committee
To educate the public and preserve the history of the Village of Del Mar.
- Establish the Alvarado House in Del Mar as a museum for Del Mar history
- Make available to the public for purchase historic Del Mar photographs, books and DVDs
- Collect oral histories from citizens of Del Mar and make them available in the Del Mar Library and other community outlets
- Conduct downtown historic walking tours and events
- Facilitate the preservation and restoration of the historic buildings in downtown Del Mar along with other historic artifacts and materials through education and public outreach
To promote and enhance the Village of Del Mar for the businesses and residents of the City of Del Mar and surrounding communities. The Promotion/Events committee creates, plans and produces events that bring the visitors to Del Mar as well as events that are targeted specifically to the Del Mar community that enhance Del Mar’s small town environment.
- Bring stability to the merchant/shopping community within the Village.
- Plan and produce events that will bring people into the community from a larger demographic area.
- Enhance current events and recruit more active members to the Promotions/Events Committee
The mission of the Design Committee is to be a catalyst and change agent to shape the physical image of Del Mar’s Main Street and make it an inviting, comfortable, safe and environmentally friendly place to attract residents, investors, businesses and visitors to the downtown.
- Assist in the planning of the development of downtown-guiding future growth, shaping regulations and supporting art in public and private spaces
- Educate the community about good design and its role in enhancing the image of each business as well as the whole district
- Provide good design advice and encourage downtown improvements through incentive programs as well as partnering with other civic organizations.
Economic Restructuring Committee
Facilitate communication and flow of information between Del Mar’s business community, residents, visitors, community organizations, and government agencies. Facilitate economic growth and unity in the Del Mar downtown business and residential community through successful promotion and outreach efforts.
- Establish and maintain a network of key members within each stakeholder group (residents, merchants, commercial property owners) to enable prompt & effective distribution of information
- Provide ongoing meetings and seminars to educate and communicate important downtown Del Mar issues to Del Mar’s stakeholders
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Del Mar’s retail district and its potential, including identifying key tenants or tenant clusters that can realistically play a key role in transforming Del Mar’s Business District.
- Identify and develop new sources of revenue which can support the DMVA revitalization efforts
- Work to unify the business and residential community.
- Continue to Identify and implement new and innovative promotional programs for downtown Del Mar
- Network with local, regional, state and national resources to help promote Del Mar
The Del Mar Village Association would like to encourage you to take part in the revitalization and historic preservation of downtown Del Mar. Invest in your community! There are many opportunities to get involved and to make a difference. There are four volunteer committees of the DMVA open for membership: Del Mar History, Design, Economic Restructuring and Promotions (See DMVA Projects). These committees are always looking for new volunteers.
If you would like to get involved with the Del Mar Village Association, please call the office at (858) 755-1179 or email us at email@example.com